Tokyo Markets Close in:
Commentary: Bubble bubble toil and trouble ... should you sell or should you double? Cody Willard shares his views on what to do as valuations climb to uncomfortable levels.
• Why China’s economy's in trouble, in one chart
Forecaster of the Month: Economy going nowhere
Many economists are predicting stronger growth in 2014, but Stephen Stanley, MarketWatch’s monthly honoree, disagrees. Here’s why.
• Potential for U.S. growth may be just 2%
White House hopes pinned on this economic chart
Households have made progress paying off debt.
• White House paints rosy productivity view
• White House seen quietly dropping export goal
The end of restaurant tipping may be at hand
• Slide show: How much to tip everyone
Five apps for spying on a husband or wife
• Dating start-up wants to fly folks around U.S.
• U.S. stocks end lower on weak China data
• Congress opens probe into GM recall: report
• Will banana prices slip on Chiquita merger?
• Plug Power's rise prompts talk of bubble
• High-frequency trading firm Virtu to go public
• Urban Outfitters shares decline after earnings
• Senate pulling all-nighter over climate change
• Morgan Stanley CEO: Bitcoin is 'totally surreal'
• Fed looks to be shifting exit strategy
• What one big fund thinks of Fannie, Freddie
• Mt. Gox files for Chapter 15 in U.S.
• AT&T cuts prices, but we still pay more
• Costliest concert tickets of 2013 (24/7 Wall St.)
Best investing advice may be free
Thanks to automation, it seldom makes sense to pay a financial adviser big bucks to manage your portfolio.
Scenes of search for missing jet
Slide show: Several nations are taking part in the hunt for clues to the fate of tragic flight MH370 from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
• Race for clues in Malaysia Airlines jet’s fate
• Missing flight adds to airline's financial woes
It's been about seven years of self-imposed exile from baseball, but that appears to be officially over as Bonds returns for a coaching stint.
Blood test may predict Alzheimer’s disease
Researchers say a first-of-its-kind blood test can predict with 90% accuracy who will soon develop Alzheimer's.
• La Jolla Pharma shares surge 60% after hours
Apple releases iOS update for CarPlay
Apple slides out the iOS 7.1 update, the first with CarPlay technology.
• Why smart cars, Siri make AAA nervous
Castlight’s IPO offers
$1 billion bargain
Commentary: Castlight Health’s IPO is shaping up as a winner — maybe a big one, writes Tim Mullaney.
• Jaffe: Should you buy bad funds in bad times?
• Sovereign-wealth funds must leave shadows
Get best deal on a new house
Bargains are becoming rarer, but here are six strategies for getting the best possible deal.
• Rich get richer, poor get poorer: housing
McNuggets promo fails to bolster McDonald's
Another sign of continuing pressures facing the fast-food industry.
• McDonald’s may soon be more like Chipotle
• McDonald’s blames weather for U.S. sales drop
Bank of Japan holds policy unchanged
Hong Kong H-shares index down 0.1% at 9,533.41
Hong Kong's Hang Seng opens down 0.1% at 22,234.61
Japan's Topix up 0.3% at 1,231.69 in early moves
Japan's Nikkei Average futures flat on SGX
Australia's S&P/ASX 200 up 0.2% at 5,420.70 early
High-frequency trader Virtu files to go public
- Loading more headlines...
31% of Christians giving up
tech for Lent
The economic impact of abstaining from Twitter and Facebook.
Keep retirement on track regardless of market direction
Lisa Hay says retirees need "withdrawal policy statement."
• Father’s financial advice (and missteps)
6 smart ways to spend a tax refund
Advice for those determined to splurge once their tax refunds arrive.
• Refund checks kick off ‘tax buying season’
• Don’t let a scammer steal your tax refund
• 7 ways to avoid an IRS audit
• More investing ideas and insights »
Retiring on $30,000 a year is manageable — if you live in a low-cost area. Here are 10 cities with affordable housing, taxes and dining and entertainment options.
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner