New York Markets Close in:
First Take: Increase in capital spending contributes to bottom-line disappointment.
• Amazon drone may have hit Space Needle
Sex, drugs and gambling capitals of America
• 10 countries where people smoke the most
• Cody: Best marijuana stocks to buy now
Greenspan says bubbles don’t end without ‘crunch’
• Here’s what Alan Greenspan is reading
How Apple could rebrand
a Casio as the iWatch
• Best walk-up music in baseball?
• Huawei's smartphone business looking brighter
Baja California becomes Mexico’s ‘Napa’
• How you can spot fake wine
Yahoo Japan offers a link from the after-life
• How dying too rich can hurt you and your estate
• 'Kim Kardashian: Hollywood' game is a hit
• H-P settles Palm app suit with Chubby Checker
• How low can Cynk go?
• Google’s next map: a healthy human body
• Diaper price-matching creates a big stink
10 things bitcoin won’t tell you
Virtual currencies can be volatile and fraud-prone, but you may still wind up using one soon.
Wall Street legend ‘Ace’ Greenberg dead at 86
Former Bear Stearns CEO Alan “Ace” Greenberg has died in New York.
7 mistakes holding back your career
If you feel stuck in your job, you may have yourself to blame. Here's help.
6 ways new tax law aids sustainable retirement
RetireMentors: The Treasury and IRS surprise Robert Klein with taxpayer-friendly legislation addressing one of the most anxiety-provoking subjects for retirees.
• Young investors should embrace bear markets
Don’t rely on brand-name advisers alone for retirement
Making good financial decisions depends on more than just dealing with well-known and reputable firms, says Dan Moisand.
Is Amazon spending like drunken sailors?
Amazon.com Inc. reported a greater-than-expected loss in the second quarter, partly due to an increase in capital spending, but a slight deceleration at its cloud services business was causing additional concern among investors.
Dump your Twitter shares now
Opinion: Twitter is struggling to make a profit and the shares are overvalued, writes Jeff Reeves.
Shipping news you need to read
Is the Baltic Dry Index a harbinger of a major global economic slowdown?
Scotland may need to vote ‘yes’ to stay in EU
With the U.K. looking at leaving the EU, Scotland's best chance of staying in may be to choose independence in September's referendum, writes Darrell Delamaide.
How the hammer falls in China
Some read corruption tell-all site out of curiosity, others out of fear, says Caixin Online.
• Chinese tycoon slammed for big Harvard gift
A bourbon worthy of John Wayne
How do you put John Wayne’s gun-slinging bravado into a whiskey?
• Why tequila sales have doubled in past decade
Russia 'culpable' for downed jet: White House
Former Bear Stearns CEO Alan Greenberg dead at 86: reports
- Loading more headlines...
Getting Started: A guide to investing»• How to buy stocks • How to buy bonds • How to buy mutual funds
• How to buy ETFs • How to buy options • How to buy hedge funds
• How to buy futures • How to buy commodities • How to buy annuities
• How to buy currencies • How to buy real estate
• How to buy private-company stock • How to find a financial planner